Lu Ross Academy is proud to launch the first Barbering program in Ventura County in our state-of-the-art Barber Campus. The Barbering program emphasizes the importance of hands-on training. Our floor is busy! The more you cut, the better you get. From Fauxhawks to High Fades to Razor Faded Pompadours, you can do it all.
Our goal is to have all our graduates pass their State Board Exam the first time. We are proud of all our graduates and their success. The School takes you far beyond the basic State Board requirements.
Learn advanced techniques and use your creativity.
Learn with a dedicated team of Barber Instructors.
Barbering students receive additional classes in hair color, bleaching and hair-cutting.
Annual Lu Ross Barber Battle for students.
The goal is to make our Barbering graduates world class professionals who can not only can do a great fade and shave but can perform women’s services as well.
The Lu Ross Academy Barbering program is located in a newly remodeled building in downtown Ventura which is 2 blocks distance from the main campus. The address of the Barbering School is 93 South Chestnut Street, Ventura, CA 93001.
Line it Up and Keep it Tight!
Request your information today. For even faster service, call 805-856-6825
A. 1100 hours in technical instruction and practical training in hair dressing
1) 65 hours in technical instruction and 240 practical operations in hair styling, including but not limited to
Comb out styling of hair
Waving and curling
2) 40 hours of technical instruction and 105 practical operations in Perm Waves and Chemical Relaxers, including but not limited to
Permanent waving of the hair
Perm wave procedures
Perm wave techniques
Chemical straightening of the hair
Sodium hydroxide relaxers
Soft perm wave procedures
Products and procedure
Client protection and safety
3) 60 hours of technical instruction and 50 practical operations in hair color and bleaching, including but not limited to
Permanent, demi & semi-permanent color
Hair color techniques
Highlighting and low lighting
4) 20 hours of instruction and 80 practical operations in haircutting, including but not limited to
Proper use of cutting tools
Texturizing tools and techniques
Various comb styles and their purposes
The ergonomics of clipper cuts
Fitting the Trimmer shape and size
Clipper techniques on wet or dry hair
Cleaning and disinfection of clippers
Basic elevation cuts
Angles and degrees
Safety in hair cutting
Blood spill precautions
5) 200 hours of technical instruction and practical operation in Shaving, including but not limited to 100 hours of technical instruction and 40 hours practical operation in the following
Preparation and performance
Preparing clients for shaving
Post facial product application
Rolling cream massage
6) 200 hours of technical instruction in Health and Safety, including but not limited to 20 hours of technical instruction in Laws and Regulations
Barbering and Cosmetology Act
Boards Rules and Regulation
7) Students will also be educated in salon related subjects such as
Basic tax information
45 hours of technical instruction on Health and Safety
Chemicals in the work place
Material safety data sheets
20 hours of technical instruction in Disinfection and Sanitation
Proper disinfection procedures non electrical tools
Proper disinfection of electrical tools
Proper disposal of cutting blades
Personal Safety and Protections
Disinfection will be emphasized throughout the entire training period and must be performed before use of any and all instruments or equipment
15 hours of technical instruction in Anatomy and Physiology
Physiology of the skin
Skin disorders and diseases
If you would like more information on our school or more specifically our barbering program please contact us. We will be happy to provide with the latest course information and answer any questions you have.